From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Kusoneko <kusoneko@××××××××.moe>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] news 2021-01-30-display-manager-init -- blocked package
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 19:21:25
1 On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 11:01 PM Kusoneko <kusoneko@××××××××.moe> wrote:
2 >
3 > It states that starting the next xorg-server version, ...
4 >
5 > ... Doing the required update is currently impossible.
6 >
7 > I am definitely not gonna remember about this
8 > in a week or 2 so I'd like to deal with whatever
9 > this issue is asap. Is there any way to do this?
10
11 You hit on the issue. You can either wait and not have to mess with
12 much, or you can force things using keywords as Jacques suggested, and
13 then if you want to go back to stable do more work later to transition
14 back.
15
16 Personally I'd just treat this as a heads-up and when you see the
17 xorg-server update down the road you know to not install it until
18 you're ready to do the other work.
21 Rich