From: Douglas J Hunley <doug.hunley@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] howto on setting up rootfs on ZFS?
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 17:52:42
1 I used the existing wiki to get ZFS up and running on my system a few weeks
2 ago and after getting familiar with it, beating it up a bit, and breaking
3 it in as many different ways as I could envision, I think I'm happy with
4 it. I'd now like to use it as my rootfs. I'm going to leave /boot as a
5 separate extX filesystem for simplicity's sake. I can't find any decent
6 Gentoo-related documentation on setting up rootfs on ZFS. I'm not even sure
7 what boot media supports ZFS (system rescue cd doesn't, and my googling
8 turns up a bunch of *bsd based media).
9
10 Anyone done this before and care to help a brotha out?
13 Douglas J Hunley (doug.hunley@×××××.com)
14 Twitter: @hunleyd Web:
15 douglasjhunley.com
16 G+: http://goo.gl/sajR3