From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Will a 64-bit-no-multilib machine cross-compile 32-bit code?
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 06:06:22
1 On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 06:41:31PM -0400, Fernando Rodriguez wrote
2
3 > Your CPU is an example of what I'm saying, not just because it
4 > doesn't have 64 bit extensions but because it doesn't have MMX
5 > (at least according to the specs) and according to the GCC manual
6 > -march=atom means: "Intel Atom CPU with 64-bit extensions, MOVBE,
7 > MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3 and SSSE3 instruction set support." So I guess
8 > it's more common than I thought.
9 >
10 > So you may also want to add -mno-mmx to be sure. GCC does check for
11 > mmx but it doesn't not use it on the output (probably a bug?).
12
13 According to /proc/cpuinfo, it does have mmx
14 flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
15 mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx
16 constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl
17 vmx est tm2 ssse3 xtpr pdcm movbe lahf_lm dtherm tpr_shadow vnmi
18 flexpriority
19
20 And while we're at it...
21
22 [aa1][root][~] cpuinfo2cpuflags-x86
23 CPU_FLAGS_X86="mmx mmxext sse sse2 sse3 ssse3"
26 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
27 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications