From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xen-sources and igb (intel network) driver
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 23:08:07
1 On Tuesday 11 January 2011 14:09:00 Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
2 > In <1294686017.7979@rumba> elwood@×××××××.de (Konstantinos Agouros) writes:
3 > >Hi,
4 > >
5 > >I just upgraded my box to a phenom and an intel quad gbit card.
6 > >The card is a 82575GB. It is recognized (I use xen-sources 2.6.34-r4) and
7 > >also tried the latest driver available at intel (2.4.12). Ifconfig
8 > >show the interfaces mac addresses etc.
9 > >
10 > >However I do not get a link. Neither on a switch nor on a laptop
11 > >with gbit interface.
12 > >
13 > >I found googling that there seems to be an issue with xen and this card/
14 > >chip. Anybody knows a way out of it? Especially since the card should have
15 > >some virtualization optimizations?
16 >
17 > OK more googling gave me the answer:
18 >
19 > ethtool -K tx off
20 >
21 > Now the question is:
22 > what is the 'gentooest' way to put this into /etc/conf.d/net?
23 > From reading the example file I would guess a preup() function.
24 >
25 > Also: is /etc/conf.d/net the place to put in the bridge definitions for
26 > the xen guests? If yes, how do I get it to create empty bridges for inter-
27 > guest communications?
28
29 In case you haven't yet, it may be a worth you having a look at:
30
31 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xen-guide.xml
32
33 and the way it suggests you create bridged interfaces. There's also some
34 links at the bottom of the page that may be of interest.
35
36 HTH.
37 --
38 Regards,