From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re:[SOLVED] [gentoo-user] Apache 2.4 can not access server subdirectory
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 05:02:12
1 On 10/30/2020 12:34 PM, Michael wrote:
2 [snip]
3 >>>> vhosts.conf - define my web-site, but I commented everything out in that
4 >>>> file (it is empty) and restarted apache:
5 >>>> /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
6 >>>>
7 >>>> And I can still display my web page.
8 >>>> How is it possible???
9 >>>
10 >>> I would assume it is possible to still display your website because the
11 >>> main apache2.conf and/or ./sites-available/000-default.conf contain some
12 >>> default settings which specify the DocumentRoot where your website
13 >>> filesystem resides.
14 >>>
15 >>> Your approach to start from first principles by commenting out individual
16 >>> configurations is sound, because you can check in this way what works and
17 >>> what does not.
18 >>
19 >> I check all configuration files for "DocumentRoot" and all the files
20 >> have DocumentRoot commented out (so nothing is active)
21 >> grep -Rnw '/etc/apache2/' -e 'DocumentRoot'
22 >>
23 >> Restarted apache 2.4 and the web-page is still loading :-/
24 >
25 > ServerRoot specified somewhere? Increase log verbosity and see what it
26 > reports, otherwise I'm out of ideas!
27
28 Solved.
29 For some reason or another in my /etc/hosts file I had:
30 10.0.0.112 server.ca
31
32 And apache was accessing my production box1
33
34 box1 - production
35 box2 - work in progress
36
37 I changed in hosts to:
38 10.0.0.112 www.server.ca
39
40 And apache was resolving accessing box2 only.
41 Strange.