From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel Configuration
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 01:05:06
1 On 27 Aug 2010, at 21:11, Aaron Bauman wrote:
2 > ... I would rather not use the ubuntu kernel as previously suggested
3 > unless it is completely safe. I am currently booting successfully
4 > off of Ubuntu running kernel version 2.6.32-21-generic.
5
6 Why would it be unsafe? The Ubuntu kernel config from /proc/config.gz
7 is a config optimised for desktop systems of your architecture by a
8 bunch of clever guys working for Canonical.
9
10 Whilst it may be possible to optimise the kernel very specifically for
11 your hardware, I think you would notice more shortcomings of that than
12 benefits, and it just seems a lengthy waste of time.
13
14 Stroller.