From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Realtec 8111C LAN not detected...
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 14:54:05
1 On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm trying to install gentoo on mobo with Realtek 8111C LAN,
5 > but the last weekly autobuild does not detect it, so I'm
6 > basically stuck in the corner, as I can not download kernel
7 > sources and procede with installation.
8 >
9 > From what I found after little googling, kernel-module r8169
10 > should contain driver for this chip, so I modprobe-d r8169,
11 > but still ifconfig shows no eth-interface.
12 >
13 > I restarted installation CD, this time I supplied following
14 > option to kernel:
15 >
16 > doload=r8169
17 >
18 > But still not eth0 is detected. So how could I solve this
19 > problem?
20
21 Which kernel version? Which patchset?
22
23 Without manually loading the module, do you see it in lsmod on a fresh boot?
27 :wq