From: CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Digikam issue
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 20:14:50
1 On 05/27/10 15:33, Dale wrote:
2 > CJoeB wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> First, I have searched the archives and didn't find anything that seemed
6 >> to help.
7 >>
8 >> The main issue here is with digikam. I used to have it working, but
9 >> some upgrade or other seemed to screw things up.
10 >>
11 >> Digikam loads just fine. It recognizes and displays the pictures in the
12 >> folders on my hard drive. When my camera is plugged in and I select
13 >> "Import --> Camera", my camera appears in the list (not the specific
14 >> model, but it recognizes that it is a Canon). However, the images on
15 >> the camera are not displayed. I tried entering the camera manually.
16 >> Doing this, it wants a mount point which defaults to /mnt/camera. If I
17 >> then select "Import-->Camera", I get the message "Failed to connect to
18 >> camera". The correct mount point was created. BTW, I AM a member of
19 >> the plugdev group.
20 >>
21 >> As a side issue, if I assume that I need to mount the camera manually, I
22 >> have always used the kwikdisk utility that is part of KDE. Despite the
23 >> fact that this appears as a menu item, it won't load. Equery tells me
24 >> that this belongs to the kdf package and I tried re-emerging kdf, but
25 >> kwikdisk still fails to load.
26 >>
27 >> I am at a loss here and don't know what to do next. If anyone can help,
28 >> I need to be "led by the nose".
29 >>
30 >> One would think that things would get easier to use in Linux, but that
31 >> isn't the case here.
32 >>
33 >> Regards,
34 >>
35 >> Colleen
39 > Are you also in the USB group? My Canon is USB and I had to be in it
40 > for the camera to work. You may want to try running as root. If it
41 > works then, it's a permissions issue. If not, it may be
42 > hardware/software.
43
44 Yes, I am in the usb group. Running as root produced the same result as
45 described above.
46
47 Regards,
48