From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can MAKEOPTS be changed on per package basis?
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 20:10:15
1 On 10/29/06, Roy Wright <royw@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I was installing djmount (from b.g.o.) and it kept failing. Looked like
3 > a parallelization issue, so tried changing MAKEOPTS from -j2 to -j1,
4 > which let the package compile. I'm running a hypterthreaded P4 and
5 > this is the first package to have problems with -j2 in over a year.
6 > Is there anyway to specify a MAKEOPTS on a per package basis?
7
8 mkdir -p /etc/portage/env/cate-gory
9 echo "export MAKEOPTS=-j1" > /etc/portage/env/cate-gory/package
10
11 You can also set variables for specific package versions or even -rX
12 releases. See /usr/portage/profiles/base/profile.bashrc.
13
14 -Richard
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list