From: Qian Qiao <qian.qiao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "wiping" unused space and/or secure erasing of files
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 12:36:19
1 On 10/30/05, Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> wrote:
2 > Rob schrieb:
3 >
4 > > Is there a gentoo port that does this kind of stuff?
5 >
6 > dd if=/dev/zero of=file && rm file
7
8 I'm a noob on journaling file systems, won't the file be recovered if
9 the journal is re-played? When we erase a file like that, don't we
10 have to figure out a way to erase the journal entry too?
11
12 Or does the journaling work differently?
13
14 -- Joe
17 There are 3 kinds of people in the world:
18 Those who can count, and those who can't.
19
20 Money can't buy everything.
21 Sometimes money can't even buy a gun...
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list