From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Just when is portage/bashrc sourced?
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 20:25:14
1 On Fri, 24 Nov 2017 09:07:24 -0800, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2
3 > > You do have a choice, use /etc/portage/env. here's one I have to patch
4 > > a specific version of a package
5 > >
6 > > % cat env/app-cdr/cdrdao-1.2.3
7 > > post_src_unpack() {
8 > > cd "${S}"
9 > > epatch_user
10 > > }
11 >
12 > Again IIRC, when I tried using env for a similar purpose, it didn't work
13 > at all, it seemed the only things valid in those files were variable
14 > assignments. If possible, I would of course much prefer this way, as is
15 > avoids an ugly switch on the package name.
16
17 I've just had to use this again, for the vcdimager ebuild to apply the
18 patch https://bugs.gentoo.org/638646 - the ebuild doesn't apply patches
19 in /etc/portage/patches but it did when I created this file
20
21 % cat /etc/portage/env/media-video/vcdimager-0.7.24
22 post_src_unpack() {
23 cd "${S}"
24 epatch_user
25 }