From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A little light relief from endless problems
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 16:49:39
1 Peter Humphrey schrieb:
2 > As it's Sunday, here's an odd little thing.
3 >
4 > Not long ago, while booting this machine, four ext3 partitions needed checks
5 > on remount count reaching zero. They had been set to 23, 24, 25 and 26
6 > mounts. (I didn't choose the numbers; they were allocated at the time I was
7 > creating the file system.)
8 >
9 > Now, this box does get rebooted, but hardly 23 x 24 x 25 x 26 = 358,800
10 > times all told. At, say, two reboots per day, that would take rather a long
11 > time: a little under 500 years if my arithmetic is working.
14 Hi,
15
16 this is incorrect. 179400 mounts would be enough (24 and 26 can both be
17 divided by 2). Have you been running gentoo for 250 years? ;-)
18 Maybe your counts are incorrect in another way. Let's say you install
19 your system. You create root partition and install, reboot. Than you
20 install all the other partitions. Maybe something went wrong and you
21 needed to remount partition 4 four times ...
22
23 Hope this helped a little.
24
25 kh