From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on Thumbdrive
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 23:10:40
1 Lately I have been doing a lot of traveling and at the moment I don't have a
2 laptop. Needless to say I run into a lot of crappy computers (aka computers
3 running Windoze). I typically carry a SLAX cd to remedy the problem but the
4 downside is I can't save my files unless I additionally carry around a
5 thumbdrive. I was wondering if anyone has been able to install Gentoo on a
6 thumbdrive. I assume it could be treated like a regular hard drive, correct?
7 How about hardware detection? If I use genkernel to make my kernel would it
8 detect all (or most) of the hardware on a wide variety of computers? Any
9 thoughts, comments, suggestions, potential pitfalls would be appreciated.
10 Thanks.
11
12 -Mike
16 Michael E. Crute
17 Software Developer
18 SoftGroup Development Corporation
19
20 Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
21 "In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"