From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: acm@×××.de
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Thanks for all the fish!
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 23:49:07
1 Long live emacs !
2
3 emacs is an essential part of my personal toolkit. I've been using it
4 since 1996. For 11 yrs before that I used epsilon - an editor
5 with much the same keymappings.
8 I started using epsilon (
11 On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 18:32:11 +0000
12 Alan Mackenzie wrote:
13
14 > Hi, Gentoo.
15 >
16 > Just to say I'll be withdrawing from this list in a few days,
17 > unsubscribing actually, mainly so that I can go back to being an Emacs
18 > developer; the number of emails on both lists combined is just more
19 > than I can handle comfortably.
20 >
21 > I've counted 28 questions I've asked since late 2009, and every single
22 > one of them bar two got good answers too. One of those two I answered
23 > myself just after posting the email ;-), and the other is currently a
24 > bug report.
25 >
26 > I'd like to say THANK YOU to everybody who helped me get a well
27 > running Gentoo system and patiently taught me about it, but in
28 > particular to Alan McKinnon because he's got such a splendid name.
29 >
30 > --
31 > Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).