From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: replacement for ftp?
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 20:41:31
1 Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Am Tue, 25 Apr 2017 15:29:18 +0100
4 > schrieb lee <lee@××××××××.de>:
5 >
6 >> since the usage of FTP seems to be declining, what is a replacement
7 >> which is at least as good as FTP?
8 >>
9 >> I'm aware that there's webdav, but that's very awkward to use and
10 >> missing features.
11 >
12 > If you want to sync files between two sites, try rsync. It is supported
13 > through ssh also. Plus, it's very fast also.
14
15 Yes, I'm using it mostly for backups/copies.
16
17 The problem is that ftp is ideal for the purpose, yet users find it too
18 difficult to use, and nobody uses it. So there must be something else
19 as good or better which is easier to use and which ppl do use. I don't
20 see how they would transfer files without ftp when ftp is the ideal
21 solution.
25 "Didn't work" is an error.