From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ARGH I uninstalled python
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 01:33:00
1 Dale wrote:
2 > You may want to look into that setting for next time. I did however
3 > notice that although python is in the system set, it is not saving a
4 > copy for some reason. Anybody know why this setting is not working?
5 >
6 > FEATURES="--keep-going buildsyspkg sandbox fixpackages"
7 >
8 > Is the buildsyspkg option not valid anymore?
9
10 http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/profiles/base/packages?r1=1.40&r2=1.41
11
12 Python appears to be gone from the base system? Or maybe I'm looking at
13 the wrong file? Anyway, 'emerge -pv @system | grep python' would seem to
14 agree here.
15
16 Now I don't have a PhD in Gentoo Package Manglement (barely passed the
17 kindergarten level so far?), but that commit looks rather unsettling for
18 other parts as well. Are the devs switching over to paludis in droves?
19 Or why is sys-apps/portage commented out as well? Why is it replaced by
20 the hard-coded ("old-style"?) virtual/portage?
23 Arttu V.