From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bitcoin-qt, openssl and the bindist USE flag
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2017 22:13:32
1 On 04/08/2017 02:57 PM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 08/04/2017 20:16, Francesco Turco wrote:
3 >> I'm trying to globally enable the "bindist" USE flag on my system
4 >
5 > Why on $DEITY's green earth would you even think of doing that?
6 >
7 > Dont. Just ... don't. I don;t know what you are trying to accomplish
8 > doing that, but it can't end well.
9 >
10 > Set that flag in package.use for the packages where you want it to be set.
13 I'm pretty sure when I installed gentoo on my new laptop back in January
14 the bindist flag was set in make.conf (in the stage3 tarball.) I didn't
15 notice until after I compiled everything that some things were weird and
16 had to remove it and recompile a bunch of heavy packages.
17
18 Dan