From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] More emerge auto-bloat
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 13:57:57
1 I tried doing my usual emerge -auvND world this morning (I update once
2 or twice a week). This morning emerge says it needs to install 49 new
3 packages.
4
5 Forty-nine new packages?!
6
7 Much of it appears to be texlive, which is now apparently required by
8 the 'atril' pdf viewer. Why does it suddenly require texlive?
9 There's a 'dvi' use flag which understandably would require tex stuff,
10 but that flag is not set.
11
12 It also appears that Perl devs have decided that although I asked for
13 no new packages to be installed, I really do need about 20 new perl
14 packages.
15
16 Doesn't anybody else thing this sort of package-bloat is getting out
17 of hand?
20 Grant