From: Martin Lehmann <martin@××××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] installing lomount
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 12:09:41
1 > According to this very useful site:
2 >
3 > http://www.portagefilelist.de/index.php/Special:PFLQuery
4 >
5 > the only package that provides lomount is xen. Which seems odd.
6
7 ok, its seems that this will only be the last chance if nothing else
8 will work.
9
10 > What is it that you want to do? Do you have a single filesystem in one
11 > file created with dd or the like and need to mount that, or did you dd
12 > an entire disk containing more than one filesystem and need to mount
13 > just one of them?
14
15 I want to extract a partition from a virtualbox hdd-image.
16
17 I copied the content of the .vdi to a dd image.
18
19 ./vditool COPYDD image.vdi image.img
20
21 Now the problem is, that this is a image of a whole hdd. I only need one
22 partition out of it.
23
24 Then i want to copy the content of this partition to a partition located
25 of the "real" hdd
26 --
27 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list