From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4 halts - how to catch a reason?
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 14:10:17
1 Andrew Gaydenko writes:
2
3 > Last week or two (I mostly use Gnome and can not say more precisely)
4 > after KDE4 starting session apps starts also, as well as bg and panels.
5 > But then I get black screen (during this KDE4 start process), and
6 > Ctrl-Alt-Backspace does nothing. The only way I have in hand to continue
7 > is to use SysRq kernel hacking (s, u, b).
8 >
9 > Have you an idea how to catch the halt reason?
10
11 Alt-SysRq-R will allow you to switch to a text console with Ctrl-Alt-Fn.
12
13 Wonko