From: Qian Qiao <qian.qiao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] System refuses to boot after upgrade
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 19:15:14
1 On 10/27/05, Ognjen Bezanov <ognjen@×××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I Just upgraded my PC (replaced new hard disk, dd'ed all the data from
5 > the old one, ran emerge -uav world + grub-install). The kernel boots
6 > but then INIT hangs at "Configuring kernel parameters" ).
7 >
8 > Anyone got any ideas on what the problem may be?
9 >
10 > Cheers.
11
12 Try re-compiling the kernel? Maybe that'll help.
13
14 -- Joe
17 There are 3 kinds of people in the world:
18 Those who can count, and those who can't.
19
20 Money can't buy everything.
21 Sometimes money can't even buy a gun...
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list