From: "Matt Connell (Gmail)" <matthewdconnell@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: acrobat reader
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 16:26:07
1 On Wed, 2021-09-22 at 20:14 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2021-09-22, Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
3 > > On 2021.09.22 15:06, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
4 > > > I have a pdf fillable form which I can only open in acrobat reader on
5 > > > Windows.
6 > > >
7 > > > Which package do I use to read these form on Gentoo?
8 > >
9 > > You should be able to read them with any PDF reader.
10 >
11 > Nope. It uses Javascript and dynamic XFA content. None of the
12 > third-party PDF readers support that.
15 > > Not all readers
16 > > will allow you to fill in the forms and save with the inserted data. I
17 > > use Okular for that, but the dependencies may be a lot if you don't
18 > > already run KDE. I wouldn't be surprised if the Gnome PDF reader
19 > > (evince?) can also do it.
20 >
21 > none of evince, atril or pdfstudio support dynamic XFA.
24 Firefox 93 brags[1] of support for XFA PDFs... maybe this is a possible
25 solution?
26
27 1: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/93.0/releasenotes/