From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] package.use update
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 01:50:17
1 Matthias Bethke wrote:
2 > Hi Mick,
3 > on Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 01:51:18AM +0100, you wrote:
4 >
5 >> Did you see this today?
6 >> ========================================
7 >> # etc-update
8 >> [...]
9 >> File: /etc/portage/._cfg0000_package.use
10 >> [...]
11 >> What is it about?
14 > No, I didn't see it, but it looks like some package moved to another
15 > category or got renamed so portage patched package.use for you. Try
16 > dispatch-config, preferably with vimdiff and perhaps RCS support, it
17 > makes maintaining your config so much easier than etc-update. I can't
18 > remember any case where it wasn't just fine to just accept the changes
19 > though.
20 >
21 > cheers,
22 > Matthias
27 This is somewhat on topic I guess. Is there a really good place to find
28 out what changes are being made to portage? I subscribe to the dev
29 mailing list too but some things get added and I have no clue it is
30 there until I run into it like a wall. I sometimes wish there was a
31 mailing list, maybe gentoo-portage-feature, that tells us what has been
32 added, what they do and even examples of their usages. I know having
33 something like this has been discussed but something would be really nice.
34
35 Just curious.
36
37 Dale