From: Ric de France <rdefrance@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on the server side
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 00:51:56
1 I can't claim to have done anything as fancy as Ricardo, but in my
2 previous place of work I used Gentoo on three different servers to:
3
4 Apache, PHP, Perl, MySQL, Squid, SVN, and other bits and pieces...
5
6 Generally things ran smoothly... but upgrades did take some time...
7 and I only trusted a small subset of the team to upgrade the PCs...
8 Still... it meant that some areas got to move up from the technology
9 that was offered with Red Hat 7.1 to more current technologies /
10 versions...
11
12 Never saw a problem with it... most major upgrades were done out of
13 hours, and most of the customers were informed if there was going to
14 be any loss of service. Fortunately they weren't 24/7 systems...
15 mainly business hours 9-5...
16
17 ...Ric
18