From: Nils Freydank <nils.freydank@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone using extract_url with mutt?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 12:35:54
1 Hi Walter,
2
3 Am Dienstag, den 27.04.2021 schrieb Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>:
4 > Thanks. I simply want a list of URLs that I can select to open in
5 > Pale Moon. If I can copy URLs into the paste buffer, even better. It's
6 > been a long while since I last used an overlay. What are the steps to
7 > setting up "urlscan" in an overlay? Even more basic, what are the steps
8 > to setting up an overlay? My /etc/portage/repos.conf/
9 I just drop you two links to the wiki, which do explain both an overlay from
10 an external/remote/foreign source aswell as a local-only overlay. I do prefer
11 app-eselect/eselect-repository over layman, but that is just personal
12 preference.
13
14 remote/foreign source:
15 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Ebuild_repository
16
17 local only:
18 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Custom_ebuild_repository
19
20 You already have a local repo in /usr/local/portage, so could use this:
21 > cat /etc/portage/repos.conf/localrepo.conf
22 > [localrepo]
23 > location = /usr/local/portage
24
25 Hope that helps and feel free to come back and ask if you get stuck somewhere.
26 Best regards,
27 Nils