From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to degrade Gentoo system with webrsync method?
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2022 12:17:33
1 вс, 9 янв. 2022 г. в 14:08, Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>:
2 >
3 > On Sun, 9 Jan 2022 at 12:48, gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > The problem is that I do not know how to sync my Gentoo repository
5 > > to the state it was on 12-12-2021.
6 > >
7 > > I use webrsync sync method via "emaint -A sync" and would prefer
8 > > to use the same sync method for degrading my Gentoo system.
9 > >
10 > > Can anybody, please, tell me how to do it using this sync method?
11 >
12 > This is probably not possible at all using any of the tools available.
13 > These tools only support downloading the latest snapshot to get you up
14 > to date. Additionally, most mirrors only keep snapshots of the last 7
15 > days or so, so it would take some (possibly futile) effort to find a
16 > snapshot of the date you need.
17 >
18 > The only option, as far as I can see, is to migrate your portage tree
19 > to git, where you can specify a commit that you want to sync to from
20 > the wanted day.
21
22 It is a pity, but thank you for the answer.