From: Willie Matthews <matthews.willie@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "Invalid boot diskette" what do I do?
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 02:53:26
1 On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 12:47:36 -0800
2 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > LOL. Except not really. Am I totally screwed or is there some
5 > little-known method for kick-starting an apparently dead HD?
6 > Everything was fine until it was rebooted. Multiple reboots always
7 > come back to:
8 >
9 > Invalid Boot diskette- Enter BOOT diskette into A:
10 >
11 > Cracks about how if the system is old enough to have a floppy drive
12 > then it's overdue for a dead HD are appropriate.
13 >
14 > - Grant
17 It could be the boot sector of the drive that is bad. You should boot
18 off a live CD and see how far you can get with the drive. If you can
19 read it with no problem reinstall grub and see how it does with the
20 boot afterwards.
24 Willie Matthews
25 matthews.willie@×××××.com