From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE flags for tif/tiff
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:04:00
1 On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 10:49 +0300, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
2 > Are there USE flags (except for tif/tiff) I must add to make.conf/USE="..." string which
3 > influence to tif/tiff rendering? I have noticed, I can not open some tif files which
4 > were created by scanning-related software on win32 machines. I have tried GIMP, GQview
5 > and few KDE-related apps without success.
6
7 When you say "can not open" is there some kind of error message
8 associated with it?
9
10 I've not had any issues with TIFF files (though admittedly I rarely need
11 to open any), but I would guess if it's only "some" files then it may be
12 that the program that generated them uses a non-standard/incompatible
13 format. It's hard to say without an actual error message. I've found
14 ImageMagick's identify(1) command to be very helpful with determining if
15 a file is indeed the format the creator claims it to be.
18 Albert W. Hopkins
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list