From: Willie Matthews <matthews.willie80@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VLC+DVD=Video ok, Audio ok...but without the voices...??? How comes ?
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 00:41:13
1 On Wed, 20 Jan 2016 19:34:59 +0100
2 Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > Using VLC I watched a DVD.
7 > Everything works fine with one exception:
8 > The sound contains everything but the voices
9 > of the actors.
10 >
11 > VLCs audio device was jack and qjactctrl shows
12 > connections between vlc and all audio channels of
13 > "system" (about 6).
14 > But as it seems, the channel of the voices were
15 > missing.
16 >
17 > Stopping jackd and switching vlc to bare alsa "fixed"
18 > that -- but I dont want to dig that deep into the systems
19 > setup only for watching a DVD.
20 >
21 > What can I add the missing voices?
22 >
23 > Thank you very much in advance for any help!
24 > Best regards,
25 > Meino
32 I am sure that has to do with 5.1 surround coming from the DVD. If you
33 have a 2.0 sounds system you will have to tell VLC to downsample the
34 channels to 2.0. If you are using pulseaudio you have to tell pulse
35 that you only have 2 speakers. I am sure that you have a 5.1 surround
36 card and that is what it is trying to use.
37
38 There's a little investigating to it all but I am sure that it won't be
39 hard to figure out.
43 Willie Matthews
44 matthews.willie80@×××××.com
45 (702) 659-9966