From: Andrew Syrewicze <asyrewicze@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] DRM Permissions problems with fglrx driver
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 17:15:56
Hello List,

This is probably something really simple, but if you don't know, you
just don't know. I tried looking around on the forums a bit and didn't
find anything there either.

I just finished installing the ATI-drivers package, and succesfully got
X running with the ATI generated xorg.conf file. When i run glxgears as
a standard user i get the following:

~ $ glxgears
libGL error: open DRM failed (Operation not permitted)
libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering
4642 frames in 5.1 seconds = 913.481 FPS

but when i run glxgears as root, it runs fine with no complaints and FPS
near 2000. I'm guessing it's system permissions somewhere, but i'm not
sure where to look.

BTW: my user account is part of the video group as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

--
Andy