From: "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Wine users backup libjpeg.so.62.0.0
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 20:30:05
1 waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
2
3 > MAKE SURE TO BACKUP libjpeg.so.62.0.0 and libjpeg.so.62 (a symlink to
4 > libjpeg.so.62.0.0)
5
6 No. Simply emerge jpeg-compat to get back a stable system.
7
8 > My older machine was getting flakey so I migrated to my newer machine.
9 > I updated the new machine to the latest everything, and got a message
10 > that I could delete libjpeg.so.62 (a symlink to libjpeg.so.62.0.0) in
11 > /usr/lib (that's where it is on my Gentoo system). Bad move... Wine no
12 > longer ran. Fortunately, I had not updated my older machine, so I was
13 > able to copy the files over from it, and Wine is now running. The weird
14 > part is that I followed instructions, and ran the revdep-rebuild. It
15 > claimed there were no dynamic links to libjpeg.so.62
16
17 Run "redev-rebuild --library libjpeg.so.62" (as told by the elog). Then you
18 can unmerge jpeg-compat again.