From: Nicola Degl'Innocenti <neodarklight@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Linux & Motherboard
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 22:44:24
1 Hi!
2 I would like to buy a new pc, but since I use linux more than windows (that i
3 use only for gaming), I am interested in hardware compatibility with linux.
4
5 I'm planing to buy a core 2 Duo platform with a nvidia 8800 GT, but i am very
6 confused about the motherboard. The cheapest shop vendor only have asus
7 motherboard so i don't have much choice.
8 - Asus P5E X38 DDR2 for 189 €
9 - Asus P5K/pro iP35 for 114 €
10 - Asus P5N32-E/SLI 680i for 199€
11 - Asus P5N-T dlx 780i 232€
12
13 Someone have one of those cards or know a good site with information about
14 linux compatibility for those cards?
15
16 The SLI capability is not important as having ethernet or sound supported on
17 linux.
18
19 Thank a lot.
20