From: Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <dystopianray@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Syncing Directories between 2 Linux boxes
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 14:52:48
1 On Sunday 17 September 2006 22:19, Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
2 > Hi folks:
3 >
4 > I have brought my new Gentoo File server online over the weekend, and I am
5 > in the process of getting things set up. I have bumped into one situation
6 > that I could really use some help with. Please bear with me as a bit of
7 > explaination will be necessary.
8 >
9 > Our school website is hosted on our webserver (192.168.0.29) in
10 > /var/www/mca0506/htdocs the site is created with Macromedia Dreamweaver (I
11 > know I know....) and the teachers edit it using Macromedia Contribute.
12 > This is important because, Dreamweaver makes changes to my local files
13 > (which are on 192.168.0.4/data/website/mca0506) and Contribute makes its
14 > changes directly on the live site on the main webserver. What I need is a
15 > way to sync the two bi-directionally. As I create pages etc, those changes
16 > would need to go up to the site, and as the teachers update their sites
17 > etc, those changes would need to be synced back to my local files, both so
18 > that I can
19 >
20 > Timothy A. Holmes
21 > IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher
22 >
23 > Medina Christian Academy
24 > A Higher Standard...
25 >
26 > Jeremiah 33:3
27 > Jeremiah 29:11
28 > Esther 4:14
29
30 net-misc/unison might be what you're looking for.
33 Raymond Lewis Rebbeck
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list