From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Current Dells and UEFI/secureboot (or other showstoppers)?
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 17:40:08
1 On 30 March 2013, at 04:20, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > ...
3 > * it could keep up with Youtube 480p videos fullscreen under ADSL 5
4 > megabit service. The stream was the limit.
5 > * after the speed was bumped up, it could keep up with Youtube 720p
6 > videos fullscreen under ADSL 6 megabit service. The stream was
7 > the limit. The download still couldn't keep up with 1080p videos.
8 > * This week, I moved from "legacy 6 GAS" to "FTTN 7". Unlike GAS, FTTN
9 > speeds are net, not gross. So my Speedtest.net results jumped from
10 > approx 5.1-5.2 megabits to 7.1-7.2 megabits, and it can keep up with
11 > 1080p streams.
12
13 Sorry, but the speed of your broadband is irrelevant.
14
15 You can show the resolution and format of YouTube videos with:
16 youtube-dl -F http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US3Px2sePWk
17
18 (package is net-misc/youtube-dl)
19
20 Decide whether or not you need a new PC and make a new post - UEFI/secureboot is irrelevant to poor YouTube performance.
21
22 Stroller.