From: Bill Longman <bill.longman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM (Was: the best filesystem for server: XFS or JFS (or?))
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 18:58:23
1 On 03/24/2011 11:17 AM, Dale wrote:
2 > kashani wrote:
3 >> On 3/24/2011 10:19 AM, Dale wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> I have never used LVM but when it messes up after a upgrade, as has
6 >>> happened to many others, see if you say the same thing. I hope your
7 >>> backups are good and they can restore.
8 >>>
9 >>> Dale
10 >>
11 >> Meh, boot a liveCD and fix it which took all of 15 minutes. I
12 >> don't see that as a failing of LVM, but of Gentoo for lack of another
13 >> culprit. You can only roll your OS forward in so many ways before you
14 >> have to do a little offline plumbing. May as well complain that you
15 >> had to shutdown your machine to put in more RAM.
16 >>
17 >> kashani
21 > I researched using LVM a good while back. The reason I didn't was what
22 > I posted. It is prone to problems that are difficult if not impossible
23 > to correct. I may not have data that is worth much but I don't want to
24 > loose it either way.
25 >
26 > People that have read these posts can't plead ignorance.
27
28 Yet you, who "have never used LVM" *can* plead knowledge?
29 Uh....something's really wrong in this formula.