From: Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Who put this in my distfiles?!
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 18:43:35
1 On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 18:03 +0000, Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I don't know what to make of the attached. I found it in my distfiles. I
5 > can't think how I could have saved anything like that in there myself. As
6 > far as I know portage would not save anything like that there (no package
7 > that I know of). What else could it be?
8 >
9 > Has this box been compromised?
10 > --
11 > Regards,
12 > Mick
13 Hi,
14 Check the time of creation and if there're more files with nearly equal
15 time/date. Check against time/date of merged packages (genlop --help).
16 Scan with 'rkhunter & chkrootkit' preferably from a LiveCD.
17 PS: there's a very little probability for an existence of some typo in
18 some ebuild which could fetch this file from another URL. Or the worst
19 scenario - some Gentoo mirror might have being compromised.
20 No more ideas for the time being. Backup your data first.
21 HTH.Rumen

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature