From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Optional /usr merge in Gentoo
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:34:30
1 Ummm... I didn't suggest that ZFS be shipped with or distributed with
2 the kernel...
3
4 I was talking about some kind of overlay or patch system, where I could
5 add zfs to my kernel use flag, and it would pull the gentoo-sources from
6 wherver it pulls them, and pul;l the patch from a *separate*/*different*
7 source/location, and then put the patch where it needs to go to be
8 properly compiled into the kernel.
9
10 Again, the overlay would *not* contain or provide the kernel sources,
11 only the zfs 'patch'.
12
13 I don't see a problem with that.
14