From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alternative kernels
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 19:52:55
1 On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 9:47 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
2 <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Am 26.10.2014 um 20:09 schrieb Alexander Kapshuk:
4 >> I've been using gentoo-sources for a while now.
5 >>
6 >> I remember reading on this list about some users using alternative
7 >> kernels on their gentoo systems. My understanding is that amongst some
8 >> of the other alternatives, besides the genkernel, which I'm not
9 >> interested in using, are vanilla-sources available in the portage
10 >> tree, and the sources available on kernel.org.
11 >> I'd appreciate being given some pointers on how the folk here maintain
12 >> their alternative kernels.
13 >>
14 >> Thanks.
15 >>
16 >> .
19 > I let portage update the vanilla-sources and once in a while a build and
20 > install a new kernel. At the moment I am on 3.12.23. Maybe I install
21 > 3.12.30 tonight. If I find a good reason to do so.
24 Understood. Thanks.