From: "Andrés Becerra Sandoval" <andres.becerra@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE Plasma 5 moved to stable
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2016 15:35:53
1 2016-04-09 5:12 GMT-05:00 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>:
2
3 > I noticed to day that Plasma 5 is now stable, which means I will soon have
5 > deal with it. I run a number of boxen with Gentoo on them. Some of them
6 > do
7 > not run a full KDE desktop, only selected KDE apps, some KDE meta packages
8 > including kdepim-meta.
9 >
10 > For these boxen I have set:
14 > [3] default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop *
15 >
16 > and USE=kde, -gnome in make.conf. What would you recommend I do if I
17 > still do
18 > not wish to install or run the full KDE desktop environment? Are there any
19 > gotchas?
20 >
21 > --
22 > Regards,
23 > Mick
26 ​Hello Mick,
27
28 kdepim applications have been not ported to Plasma 5 yet. You will not have
29 problem with those.
30
31 Some applications migrated are: ark, dolphin, gwenview, kate, konsole,
32 kwrite, telepathy, konversation, marble and most of games and educational
33 applications.
38 Andrés Becerra Sandoval