From: "Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@×××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hal - what's the benefit of using it
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 22:23:39
1 On 04/02/09 Alan McKinnon said:
2
3 > Meanwhile, trying to run KDE or Gnome on a box without hal is becoming more
4 > and more painful with each update. Even xorg is getting in on the hal game
5 > and using hal to auto-configure input devices.
6
7 That explains why even on Ubuntu I shut off dbus and hal, and run fluxbox.
8
9 In Gentoo I'm using XFCE4 right now without hal. I can mount my own drives.
10
11 Mike
12 --
13 Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@×××××××××××××.ca>
14 "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a
15 touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
16 --Albert Einstein