From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Fresh gen too install - unsuccesful
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 01:28:52
1 Am Samstag, 20.12.2014 um 03:57
2 schrieb German <gentgerman@×××××.com>:
3
4 > Just a follow up to my original question. I've installed grub
5 > on /dev/SDA literally following the quide. And I just realized why I
6
7 I think the MBR of your first drive (/dev/sda) is usually the right
8 place for grub if you only have one OS (gentoo) installed.
9
10 > made /dev/sda1 partition obviously designed for grub? Should I have
11 > been install grub into /dev/sda1? I also have uefi system and I think
12 > it matters. Thanks everyone for clarifications
13
14 You really should share more information.
15
16 What version of grub do you have installed?
17 How do you have it installed (commands and parameters).
18 And of course you should post the config file.
19
20 How many drives do you have you attached to your computer? Sometimes a
21 connected USB-Stick or eSATA drive confuses the drive order so that
22 grub can't boot or even has been installed at another place than you
23 intended.
24
25 I don't have a clue about UEFI and I never used grub2. But I think
26 someone else could help you in that case, if you give enough infos.
27
28 Regards
29 wabe
30
31 > German <gentgerman@×××××.com> wrote:
32 >
33 > >Is anyone can advice on where to dig. It seems that grub isn't
34 > >installed because I can't access it pressing ESC key and I return to
35 > >bios. During installation there were no errors reported, the system
36 > >installed grub just fine. Also grub.cfg found all my kernels and
37 > >ramdisks? Thanks for any suggestion. What would you do?