From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: make an -9999 ebuild compile only if necessary
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 17:39:31
1 On 12/22/2009 07:21 PM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have ebuilds fetching the source code directly from a repository
5 > (be it CVS,SVN,HG,GIT,...)
6 > I'd like to modify the .ebuild to enter compilation only if something
7 > has been updated.
8 > Is this possible, has somebody else tried to do so?
9
10 Given that portage relies on USE flags and version numbers to decide on
11 whether a rebuild is necessary, no, it's not possible.
12
13 But I'd be interested too if someone could think of some clever hack to
14 accomplish this :)