From: Ale <elcorreodeale@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] uvesafb and screen resolution
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:44:26
1 2008/3/27, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>:
2 >
3 > On Tuesday 25 March 2008 20:42:47 Ale wrote:
4 >
5 > > Are you guys using uvesafb in the latest gentoo sources kernel? because
6 > > i dont have the option to choose this one..i am using vesa
9 > You have to select Connector - unified userspace <-> kernelspace linker in
10 > the Device Drivers page. Then you will have uvesafb available for
11 > selection.
12 >
13 > It seems that you also need v86d installed, and start with an initramfs
14 > with
15 > that in it, though I haven't yet finished working this out for myself.
16 >
17 > --
18 > Rgds
19 >
20 > Peter
21 >
22 > --
23 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
24 >
25 > Yes! that was my problem. When i did this i follow gentoo wiki's
26 tutorial, but this part is not there, yesterday i check the official web and
27 i see this part, now is working great! Many thanks!.
28 I have a n old notebook with a intel video chipset (810) should i use the *
29 intelfb* instead of *uvesafb*?
30
31 BTW: Is there any chance to avoid to see my background images when the
32 kernel end load and just before kdm start? I get the image i choose two
33 times...and it would be great if i just keep a dark screen or somethinf
34 similar.
37 Many thanks,
38 Cheers!