From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Digest errors in an overlay, but only in one box
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 13:08:01
1 Hi All,
2
3 I updated the enlightenment overlay on two PCs. The first which incidentally
4 I use as a portage mirror for my LAN works as expected, while the second PC is
5 coming up with these type of errors:
6
7 # emerge -uaDv world
8
9 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
10
11 Calculating dependencies - * Missing digest for
12 '/var/lib/layman/enlightenment/media-libs/ethumb/ethumb-1.7.1.ebuild'
13 - * Digest verification failed:
14 * /var/lib/layman/enlightenment/x11-plugins/e_modules-forecasts/e_modules-
15 forecasts-9999.ebuild
16 * Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
17 * Got: 442
18 * Expected: 436
19 | * Digest verification failed:
20 * /var/lib/layman/enlightenment/x11-plugins/e_modules-tclock/e_modules-
21 tclock-9999.ebuild
22 * Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
23 * Got: 385
24 * Expected: 379
25 [snip ...]
26
27 I removed everything below /var/lib/layman/enlightenment/* and resync'ed. I
28 keep getting the same errors. The layman/overlay on the two PCs is set the
29 same way as far as I can recall, the only difference being one is x86 and the
30 other amd64 arch.
31
32 Can you please give me some pointers in troubleshooting this? Why are the
33 digests wrong and if so why is this being picked up on one machine only and
34 not the other?
37 Regards,
38 Mick