From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: grub doesn't autoselect a kernel
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 15:39:31
1 On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 5:22 PM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >> I have grub running on many Gentoo machines but on one of them it sits
3 >> on the kernel selection screen and doesn't autoboot even though the
4 >> menu says:
5 >>
6 >> "The highlighted entry will be booted automatically in 2 seconds."
7 >>
8 >> Nothing happens for any length of time but pressing Enter boots the
9 >> kernel as usual. Any ideas?
10 >>
11 >> - Grant
14 > Weird right? Better to take this to the grub list?
15 >
16 > - Grant
19 While I have not experienced the trouble you're having with grub, nor
20 am I a grub expert, I thought it might be worth getting some more info
21 about the problem.
22
23 (1). What version of grub are you running?
24 (2). Does 'grub2-script-check(1)' reveal any grub.cfg syntax errors?
25 (3). Do you have GRUB_TIMEOUT set in /etc/default/grub to a value
26 other than the default 5 seconds?
27 (4). Did you try setting these options in grub.cfg?
28 set pager=1
29 set debug=all
30 Did that shed any light on the problem you're having?