From: "Sieb
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Another query.. this time about installprofile.xml
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 19:35:47
1 Hi everyone :)
2
3 In installprofile.xml, there's an option to list packages you want installed in a space-delimited format. Just wondering--can I specify *versions* there? Like:
4
5 app-admin/logrotate-x.xx app-admin/sudo-y.yy app-admin/syslog-ng-z.zz app-admin/sysstat-q.qq
6
7 and so forth (where x.xx/y.yy/z.zz/q.qq are actual version numbers)?
8
9 If not, what is the best way of going about to make sure that, say, 10 machines are all set up with the same version of various packages that are on other machines? (Development environment, so versioning is, as we say, imperative. :) )
10
11 Thank you all in advance!
12 Best,
13 --Glenn