From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange console font: "m" looks like small "M"
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 22:18:05
1 On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I just installed Gentoo on one box and noticed one
5 > strange thing when I'm in console:
6 >
7 > Small letter "m" looks more like "M" reduced in size.
8 > And small "w" looks more like small and rotated "M".
9 > How can I fix it???
10
11 Maybe the default font in your video card is funny. It seems they are
12 all different.
13
14 You can manually set a new font using the "setfont" program which
15 comes from the sys-apps/kbd package.
16
17 If you are using openrc, it contains /etc/conf.d/consolefont and
18 /etc/init.d/consolefont which you can use to automatically override
19 with a font of your own choosing at each reboot.
20
21 I personally use "ter-112n" from the package media-fonts/terminus-font
22 on my console.