From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Device notifier and LVM device
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 09:09:42
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > As most know, I started using LVM a bit ago. I noticed something odd
5 > tho. KDE's device notifier thingy sees the LVM partition and even
6 > gives the mount/unmount option. This makes me wonder. I'm concerned
7 > that I may click that thing by mistake. I already did it once but
8 > luckily I was downloading a NCIS episode and Seamonkey had it in use.
9 > That kept if from unmounting. None of my other partitions or drives
10 > show up except the LVM one. I do have it set to not show the regular
11 > drives but I guess LVM is not regular. It does show a CD or USB stick
12 > as normal tho. That is all I want it to show really. I have
13 > Removable Devices Only clicked in the settings.
14 >
15 > My question is, how to make it not show up in there? I looked and I
16 > can't find anything to prevent it.
17 >
18 > Ideas?
19 >
20 > Dale
21 >
22 > :-) :-)
23 >
24
25
26 LOL This is funny. I fixed it. On the little device notifier thingy,
27 left click then go to the device you want to hide, right click then
28 click the hide button. I'm glad I pushed with the wrong finger. My
29 meds are acting strange tonight. o_O
30
31 Now everybody knows how to fix this.
32
33 Dale
34
36
37 --
38 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!