From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Modules Not Autoloading
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 07:18:15
1 2008/11/27 Drew Tomlinson <drew@××××××××××××××.net>:
2 > Modules are not autoloading since initial install with gentoo-sources
3 > 2.6.25. I have since upgraded to kernel 2.6.27 but the issue persists. In
4 > my previous Gentoo install and other Gentoo installs, autoloading modules
5 > worked. I do not know why they are not loading in this case.
6 >
7 > I have the following:
8 >
9 > mythfe01 mythtv # cat /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 abituguru
10 > ftdi_sio
11 > lirc_i2c
12 >
13 > Yet on reboot, these modules don't load. Loading manually works fine:
14 >
15 > mythfe01 mythtv # modprobe abituguru
16 > mythfe01 mythtv # modprobe ftdi_sio
17 > mythfe01 mythtv # modprobe lirc_i2c
18 >
19 > Can anyone tell me where my error may be?
20 >
21 > Thanks,
22 >
23 > Drew