From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is grub2 stable and who uses it?
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 08:13:53
1 On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 00:18:49 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > I remember things being improved. While I was in my 50s I was
4 > continually faced with youngsters' ideas for improving the company's
5 > methods. Stupid, every one. When challenged, they couldn't say how
6 > their proposed new "solutions" would lead to specified gains by
7 > anybody, but the changes were forced through anyway. This isn't
8 > get-up-and-go; it's I've-got-to-make-my- mark.
9 >
10 > Pathetic.
11
12 But not comparable. The reasons for the changes in GRUB2 have been given.
13
14 I may not like how they have implemented everything, splitting the
15 settings between config files in two separate directories means you
16 always look in the wrong place first, but I understand the need for the
17 changes even if I don't need the vast majority of them.
18
19 Problems with upgrading from GRUB1 to GRUB2 are irrelevant. If you have a
20 working legacy installation, there is absolutely no reason to change
21 beyond curiosity.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 Barnum was wrong....it's more like every 30 seconds!